Join your neighbors on Saturday, June 27th from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Rondo Education Center, 560 Concordia (just east of Dale) for a community cleanup day. Open to residents who live south of University, east of Hamline, north of Summit, and west of Marion Street. Bring proof of Summit-University or Lexington-Hamline residency (driver’s license or utility bill) to the cleanup. Materials will be sorted at the site into different dumpsters to maximize recycling.
- Cars: $5
- Wagons/minivans/small pickups: $10
- Larger loads: $15+
- Extra fees*: $5 per VCR or other small electronics; $10 for TVs & computers
- (monitors & hard drives) $3 per car tire; $5 per truck tire; $1 per tire rim; $15 per air
- conditioner/water softener; $10 each for all other appliances.
Bring re-usable household items that are in good condition:
- Furniture & household goods (dishes, towels, silverware, lamps)
- Building materials in good condition (millwork, tiles, tubs, cabinets)
- Bikes & toys (clean, not broken)
- Gardening equipment & tools
- Pet Carriers/Cages/Gates
Charitable organizations will be collecting items for reuse. Residents are welcome to take items after the charities have taken what they can use.
The cost is $25 for the first appliance, $10 each additional appliance (plus $5 surcharge for each air conditioner or water softener). Appliances that can be picked up include air conditioners, dehumidifiers, dishwashers, freezers, furnaces, garbage disposals, microwaves, refrigerators, stoves, trash compactors, washers and dryers, and water heaters.
What’s not accepted
- Car Batteries: Stores that sell car batteries will accept up to five used car batteries for free.
Paint, Pesticides, Motor Oil, or Other Hazardous Wastes: Take these to the Ramsey County household hazardous waste drop-off site at Bay West, 5 Empire Drive, Saint Paul, open Wed.-Fri. 11-6 and Sat. 9-4 (Hours will change in November).
Leaves or Grass: You can take these to the free Ramsey County Yard Waste site on Pleasant Avenue, just south of Saint Clair, near the Ice Arena, open Mon., Wed. and Fri. 11-7, Sat. 9-5 and Sun. 11-5.
Brush: The nearest free Ramsey County Yard Waste site that will accept brush (as well as leaves and grass) is at Pierce Butler Route and Prior Ave., open Mon., Wed. and Fri. 11-7, Sat. 9-5 and Sun. 11-5.
Curbside Recycling Materials: Summit-University curbside recycling is picked up every Wednesday. Lexington-Hamline curbside recycling is picked up every Thursday.
How to load your vehicle
- On the bottom: general refuse, construction debris, reusable building materials, concrete, bricks and rocks
- Allow easy access to: bicycles, scrap metal, appliances, tires
- Place these items on top: fluorescent bulbs, reusable furniture, reusable household goods, electronics
For more information, call Summit-University Planning Council at 651-228-1855